Saturday, March 28, 2009

From the beginning


Well, I have finally gotten around to creating a blog for our friends and family to follow Daddy and I attempt to become the best parents we can be to this precious gift we have been given. We have some catching up to do, so I figured I would start from the beginning and briefly catch everyone up to speed.

From the beginning.......

Just over a year ago, on March 16th of 2008, Daddy and I returned from our annual trip to Asheville for the Hi Neighbor volleyball tournament to find out that we were expecting! That same day we found out about our good news, my brother brought home his two little ones from the hospital for the first time. My niece and nephew were born March 13th, 2008. So this day was very special and memorable for us in many ways. The news spread quite quickly among family members, but Daddy and I decided to wait a little while before we were to tell the masses. Although many of our friends figured us out by my sudden absence from the volleyball court. The only excuse I could come up with was a mysterious shoulder injury. Although must had figured us out, some politely pretended to be surprised. Others just said, "I know, and CONGRATULATIONS!!"

Daddy and I were so excited and extremely nervous. We had no idea what to expect. Were we going to be good parents? We of coarse are both products of excellent parenting, so we figured that we at least had that going for us. But were we going to be able to translate that into our own adventures as parents? That was something we would have to wait 9 more months to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment