Saturday, March 28, 2009

The moment of truth











November 16th (our due date) came and went, only by about 3 hours! My water broke in and around 3am on Monday morning. Having experienced many hours of labor (at least I think of it as many), we were finally able to meet the little person kicking around inside my belly for just about 10 months. He was so beautiful! A full head of blonde hair, 10 fingers, 10 toes, blue eyes and big red lips. Gabriel was born at 5:15 PM on November 17th, 2008. All 7 lbs and 20.5 inches of him was the most perfect thing I have ever seen in my life. He was healthy, what a huge relief!!!! Grandma and Grandpa were called into the delivery room to meet their 3rd grandchild in one year. I know they have been and continue to be proud of me as a daughter, but this was a whole new pride I saw in their eyes. It was right up there in the top two most special and amazing times in my life. A VERY close second only to the day Daddy and I were married. My holding Gabriel for the first time, watching Daddy gaze into our son's eyes, and seeing the pride and joy in my parents faces, are among the most special moments of my life. What a blessing we were given. I only hoped that I would prove myself worthy of such a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment