Friday, July 2, 2010

"Gone Camping"

Great News! I have finally looked around the blogspot and figured out the features available to me. I have saved a setting to where an e-mail will be sent to all of our followers automatically once I have updated the blog. I had gotten quite behind for some time due to a space issue, but I am now catching up. So take a look at the last 4 or so posts to make sure you are all caught up...at least to the point where I am caught up! :-) Yay!

So, for the very last time, we met G's Gan and Pa Pa at their trailer for the long weekend over the Memorial Day weekend. It turned out to be a GORGEOUS weekend. We took walks, lots of fun rides in the golf cart (G's all time favorite), ate ice cream and lots of other bad for you foods (except for little G who always eats healthy). We went swimming, swinging, and even fed the ducks and geese. Gan and Pa Pa even watched G during nap time so Mommy and Daddy could check out their absolute favorite local vineyard. It just so happened that they were having a festival that day and we lounged around on our blanket, drank wine and enjoyed the local music and food. At one point, S and I were laying down on our backs, wine glasses sitting in the stands we had just purchased for that very occasion. We had our hats over our heads and holding hands. A woman walked by and said, "I need a camera". Apparently she felt that she caught a Kodak moment and found herself without a camera. :-) Picture or not, S and I had such a great time just being ourselves and enjoying each other at one of our favorite places. Oh, and the wine aint bad either!

G was feeling out of place there with pants on, so we took them off and let him run around in his diaper. He felt that he fit it much more that way, and I would have to agree!




Our little Squanto (thanks Aunt Jen!)



Daddy and G "up"



And..."down"







The last night we were there, Gan, S and I decided to take a late night drive in the golf cart to get some ice cream. We took a road we don't normally take and ran into a group of people sitting in front of their camper playing and singing some great bluegrass music. We just parked right across the road from them and enjoyed the music. It was a pretty cool moment actually, and I am so glad that we took that turn. It's the little things in life that are the most memorable, and a wise little man named Gabriel reminds me of that on a daily basis.


We are all going to miss these trips very much, but are grateful for the times we have been able to spend out there and we are very excited for Gan and Pa Pa and their new adventures! Thanks for the memories!

Until next time, hugs and kisses to all!!!!

1 comment:

  1. We had so much fun too camping. We have to still do it somehow...Tent and camper? What do you say? Snookie is the cutest little guy...We will miss that golf cart too....

    ReplyDelete