Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Catching up....

Hey there all, sorry it has been a while....quite a while actually. Things have been hectic on our end. Mommy was hospitalized for a few days (kidney stones...ouch!) and Daddy was tied up with major (emergency) household projects and working late hours, and the family has been taking turns with a nasty virus mommy was sure to have gotten while in the hospital. Daddy and Papa were the last to get it. With all of this going on, I have had much less free time on my hands to update the blog. Not to mention during this time, we had a 2nd birthday party to plan and prepare for, Christmas, and trying our hardest to get G into his new room and get the nursery ready for our little Miss! With all of this in mind, I really should learn to just do short and sweet entry's like my ever amazing and brilliant sister-in-law, but it doesn't seem to be in my nature. So here we are, a month and a half later, I am finally getting around to a post.

Halloween 2010:

Last year I purchased this very cute fuzzy giraffe outfit for the little man. I thought it would be perfect...nice and warm for the late October weather. Well, silly mommy! We are talking about the south here! So I did learn from my mistakes and purchased G something more practical and something we could layer much more easily. As I say this, I am having flash backs to my WI upbringing and having to work your costume around big and bulky clothes. I was a pumpkin many times because of that big ol' orange coat! It was warm though!!! Anyway, G had a blast! He LOVES tools (just like daddy) and he really enjoyed having them easily accessible. He wouldn't have anything to do with the cute work boots I had that were passed down by a friend, but he seemed to have fun with everything else. We painted pumpkins, had dinner with Gann and Papa, ate his first peeps (still asks for them), handed out candy to all the neighborhood kids (by far G's favorite activity). He really enjoyed seeing what type of surprises were waiting for us behind every door bell ring. Then it was time to try trick or treating for the first time! We went to 3 or 4 houses close by. He had a lot of fun with this! At the last house that we went to, the nice man knelt down to offer G the choice of candy from a large bowl. Our sweet little man (and inexperienced trick or treater) took candy from his cute little bat basket and placed a little hand full of his own candy into the neighbors candy bowl. Our neighbor got quite the kick out of this, and I believe he gave him more because of it. Come to think of it, was it sweetness, inexperience, or sheer brilliance? :-) Here are some pictures from our fun filled day!
It was beautiful during the day, so we spent a lot of time outside playing in the leaves and pine needles......we sure do have enough of them!

Having fun, and putting the "the finishing touches" on his costume!



Who doesn't love a rake ride!?

Our little construction dude!


G's first peep! Yummmy!! Thanks Gann and Papa!!

I am on a roll folks, so don't give up on us! Stay tooned very soon for more FUN!! Hugs and kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment