Sunday, September 4, 2011

4th of July FUN!

It is a bit late, I know!

This was Ameila's first 4th of July and Gabriel's first parade experience! He had seen fireworks before (New Years Eve), but this was the first time we took him for the 4th. We had a great time! We dressed up G's wagon, then got decked out ourselves to celebrate our fine country! It was VERY hot, but we stuck it out. Since we had Amelia, and it was as hot as it was, we decided to meet the parade at the very end. This is where all of the festivities took place. It kinda reminded me of the time in elementary school where I was running with my class as a competition. I got tired and decided I didn't want to run anymore so I just stopped a lap early. I didn't do it because I wanted to win, I did it because I was lazy! Anyway, we looked like the first place team coming in when we just had parked and skipped ahead of everyone else. At least this time around, there was no 1st place ribbon to take from someone! By the way, this had to have been one of the smartest things we have decided to do as parents! I ALMOST felt badly for the dads getting sent back to fetch the family cars blocks away.

The fireworks were really cool and a learning experience for sure. We hung out for quite some time before the fireworks began, which was fun. We played with glow sticks, ate junk food and just hung out. But then we were confused because we saw some fireworks taking place, but it was far away and be could hardly see the. This was the first time we went to this particular show, so we had no idea what to expect. At this point I was strolling Ms. Amelia in her stroller around the bank parking lot in attempt to get her to fall asleep (unsuccessfully), so we decided to go ahead and head out. The confusion lies in that some people were clearing out, but others were sticking around, looking up as if they were still expecting the big show. Well, we were driving home when we finally heard the loud booms! So we swung into an empty parking lot across from an open field, and what a view! We totally found our spot for next year! It was a crazy late night for the kids, but it was so worth it! Lots of fun! Check out the slide show for the highlights!












Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free slideshow design created with Smilebox

No comments:

Post a Comment