Check out pictures from the party:
![]() |
| Create a picture slideshow |
I can't believe out little man is 3 already! He is growing up so fast. I was clipping his nails the other day and I remember wondering when his hands got that big. I then started thinking about how small they once were. So small that I was scared to even cut his nails. We have been through a lot in the last 3 years. Mommy and Daddy had to redefine ourselves as individuals, as a couple and have had to adjust constantly as parents. It all makes me think about the song I sing to him every night, and how the meaning rings true, especially now. Here it is:
The sun has gone, behind the sea.
The moon comes up to light the sky.
No matter how big you grow to be, I'll always love you, this is why.
I'll always be your mom.
That'll never change for you.
Not miles or years, or new found friends, can take that away from you.
I'll always be your mom
Now it's time to say good night.
The stars that glitter sparkle bright.
To light up all the dreams you keep.
So take this with you when you sleep.
I'll always be your mom.
That'll never change for you.
Not miles or years, or new found friends, can take that away from you.
It's simple and it's true.
I'll always be your mom.
He asks for that song every night, and I love to sing it to him.
No matter how big he grows to be (even through the pesky adolescent stages), I will in fact always be his mom and with that comes a special love that only one with a child could know. Although my love for him will likely change and grow, I will plan to always be there for him. As long as God has planned for me on this earth, he is in fact stuck with me. He will change, we will change, our lives will change. But our love for him will never be taken away, and will never fade.
Happy birthday sweet Gabriel! We love you so much!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment