Amelia's first Christmas was wonderful! She LOVED the Christmas tree and had good fun opening presents! This was the first year that Gabriel was able to REALLY grasp the concept of Christmas. Jesus's birthday we call it. And of coarse, he loved the idea of Santa Clause. We started a new tradition this year. Elf on the shelf. Gabriel named him Charlie and really enjoyed finding Charlie in different places every morning. This tradition is a keeper for sure! We managed to keep things very sensible this year. The piles of gifts under the tree this year was less than last year and we have one more child this year than last. So we are getting much more practical with age! Our children have so much already, and that is the absolute truth! Gabriel has been very much into Thomas the Train and I think I had mentioned before that he asked Santa on the train for Gordon for Thomas (his wooden train). You know what, let me show you what his list consisted of:
This was officially Gabriel and Amelia's first picture with Santa. Amelia was as happy as could be. I have wondered if children ever remember what the Santa's look like each time they see them at certain events and put together the fact that they all look different. Well, I figured, if any child is going to remember what they looked like, and work it out in his head, it would be Gabriel. So when I told Gabriel that we were going to be seeing Santa's helper to tell him what he would like for Christmas so he could go back and tell Santa, I asked him if he would like to sit on Santa's lap to talk to him. Well, I pretty much already knew what he was going to say, but you never know. Alas, I was right! "I will go to Santa and tell him what I want for Christmas while NOT sitting on his lap". He decided that standing next to Santa was a much better idea. When it came down to it, he didn't even want to do that. So we got a family picture out of it. Even Thomas the Train made it into the picture! :-)

Daddy and Mommy had a little date with Gabriel at the local Children's Museum. It was an evening with the elves and we had a blast! There was dinner, cookie decorating, lots of fun, and a live band if you felt like getting a groove on! We had a BLAST! Thank you Gann and Papa for sticking around the house while Amelia slept so we could have some special time with the little man! We had a blast! We of coarse wanted to bring Amelia, but it was way to late for her. I have said it before, and I will say it again, she doesn't do well with missing her bed time! :-) We made cookies, built a gingerbread house, and went to see some Christmas lights! It was an unforgettable Christmas!
So here are some of the Christmas highlights this year. We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas. We miss you tons!
![]() |
| Another slideshow by Smilebox |

No comments:
Post a Comment