Saturday, March 10, 2012

The snow of the year


So we had one snow all winter, and boy, was it a dud! But it was just enough to cause school delays, and yes, closings! We took the kids out to enjoy what snow we did end up getting. It was Amelia's first snow! Unlike her brother and his first snow, she was wide awake and very mobile! I had them all dressed and ready to go. I had them waiting for me in the kitchen long enough for me to run upstairs to get get something. When I left, Amelia was looking out the door with Gabriel close by. Not 20 sec later, I came down to see this.

Amelia under her brothers stool. Don't ask me how she managed this this with those mittens and footies on. I am envisioning her attempting to crawl, only to slide to her belly. Well, those of us who know Amelia, know that just about nothing will stop her from doing what she wants. So she somehow managed.


"I have a very silly sister"


Not exactly a white out


Underestimating the determination of his little sister who finds it her mission in life to get a hold of Thomas. "Thomas will be safe here"



Teeeheeeheee!



Gottcha Thomas!



Do you think he saw me?



Mine!!!



Our winter wonderland



Doing a U-turn since only one section of the yard had snow



There we go!



Amelia's turn! Although she didn't seem too sure about it.



This is fun!








Brought some in for Thomas and Percy to play in



We played for an hour or so, then headed in. Good thing we went when we did, because it was completely gone in a couple of hours. Spring, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment