Sick Gabriel the day before we took him to the ER
This was taken right after they checked into the ER. Very sick little man!
After he had his meds and now in a hospital gown because his clothes were now soaked with you know what. He and his little friend both were there for high fevers and both medicated and feeling pretty good at this point.
After many hours of waiting, finally in the room to see the doc
A couple of days after the ER.
I put on Thomas the Train so he could watch it while I could put Amelia down for her nap and put his car seat back together (after washing it) so we could go to the doctor. He was sitting watching it when I left him there. When I got back, this is what I saw. Poor little guy, not even Thomas the Train could keep him up!
So what does this have to do with strawberry picking?
Great question.....just timing really. But it is an extension of the story. Every year we go to the same family owned Strawberry Field to pick strawberry's. This year, the peak season ran early and a couple of weeks after Gabriel was fever free, he was still struggling a bit. To the point where the doc thought he might have had mono. The poor little guy was so tired, that he asked to just sit in the field after about 10 min of picking. He NEVER sits down during things like this. His knee was still bothering him to...still weird to me. Anyway, we had a great time. This was Amelia's second time strawberry picking, but first time participating. :-)
You can tell that he lost a lot of weight while being sick. It was a struggle to get him to eat anything for about a week.
Look at this one!
"Mommy and Daddy, I am too tired and I need to sit"
Did you know that strawberries come from flowers that are pollinated by bees? I didn't until after this adventure
We just picked and filled his bucket. Poor little guy!
The turkey's at this farm are a hoot! This one is always the most friendly...or brave.
Enjoying the "fruits" of their "labor"
No comments:
Post a Comment