In preparation for transitioning G into his "big boy" bed (toddler bed), we introduced him to the bunny clock. When the sleeping bunny is glowing, it is sleep time, and when the awake bunny is glowing, then it is time to wake up. Well, by the time we actually got his big boy room ready for him, he had the concept down really well. Now, to put it to the test, will it work when he has the option to go into and out of his bed "all by myself". We were fully prepared to loose some sleep for a while, but the child transitioned beautifully. I think it has a lot to do with the bunny clock, and of coarse the fact that he is amazing! He will actually stay in his bed until the bunny wakes up, but then he freaks out. "Mommy, Daddy come back!" I have told him that he can get himself out of his bed once bunny is awake and doesn't have to wait for mommy and daddy to come get him. Nap time is a bit different. Because he hasn't been napping all that well, he will yell at the bunny "bunny wake up" because the bunny out sleeps him. I have told him that he can just relax and play in his bed for a while until bunny wakes up, but I have a feeling this just won't happen. Can't have it ALL I suppose. We are now waking up earlier, but I think this must be his internal clock changing. Although the early mornings started with this transition, I am not convinced it is because of the change. Who knows. Either way, mommy and daddy are missing the 8:30 - 9 am wake up calls. It is now a 7 or 7:30 wake up call. Believe me, I am not complaining! We were very lucky to have a sleeper inner for as long as we had.
So, what is the next transition you ask? Baby sister? NOPE! Paci Fairy is coming for G's night time and nap time nunu's this weekend. This my friends and family, will be a very different transition for us. I am getting tired just thinking about it! We have been warning him for a while now with "You don't NEED nunu, you just want nunu" and "Babies need Nunu's and big boys don't. You are a big boy now". He of coarse feels as though he is the exception to this theory. We meant to take the paci's away weeks ago, but he got sick and THEN we started the other transitions. Big boy room, waited for him to get used to this, then his Big boy bed. Now that he has done well with this for the last week, we are hoping the previous "big boy" transitions will at least help him through this part. Wish us luck with getting our little man "nunu free".
Here are some pictures of G's new room. G helped with all of it. We gave him a choice between two greens and a blue for the top and a choice between two browns for the bottom. He chose the exact ones mommy was hoping for! He also picked out his blue lamp and animal theme. We just put the stickers up today, and of coarse G was very happy to help with that as well! Daddy did all of the painting and did a very fine job at that! Thank you daddy!!!! Baby girl will be going into the nursery. We have yet to set this up, but will be sure to post pictures as soon as we get our acts together. Hugs and kisses to all!!!




Wow super nice. Love the new room... It is beautiful. Good luck with the pacifier removal...
ReplyDeleteGann and Pappa with last comment. I have trouble logging in on aim What a good boy he is.
ReplyDelete